Getting Rid of Opossums
- A significant way to keep opossums from becoming a problem is to implement prevention methods that keep them from gaining access to your property in the first place.
- A few things you can do to prepare for our visit include putting away food and water sources and removing hiding places like overgrown shrubbery.
Common Opossum Problems
- Opossums are very capable of getting into homes, though it is generally unintentional.
- When entering homes, opossums may be looking for food or shelter.
- Common problems involve opossums residing under porches, sheds, decks, and brush piles.
- When these critters are searching for a food source, they will commonly look in garbage cans, gardens, pet foods, and compost piles. As they forage through these locations, they will create a big mess and ruin many types of plants and other vegetation.
- Opossums are aggressive animals when approached and will bite, scratch, bare their teeth, and hiss in order to escape. Pets and people both may be harmed in the presence of an opossum. These animals are carriers of many diseases and parasites, so Critter Control of SW Missouri recommends that you do not handle them.
Trapping & Removal
- Opossums carry various diseases and have sharp teeth and claws.
- Critter Control of SW Missouri has the proper training, knowledge, and tools to capture and remove pest opossums from homes and businesses.
Control & Safety
The aforementioned habitat modification efforts can be employed to keep opossums out of yards and homes, and Critter Control of SW Missouri will propose many methods and approaches to preventing opossums from entering your property and home.
We can help you get rid of opossum problems. Call our SW Missouri office today!Request a Quote